Document Legalisation in Ireland

Docsbase Ireland

Document Legalisation in Ireland

Certified Translation Services is a translation agency based out of Dublin, but we provide services across the world. One of our most requested services is document legalisation. For those who are unfamiliar with this, it simply means preparing a document issued in one country for acceptance and use in another. The is an extremely vital service for expats, immigrants, people studying or working abroad, and for individuals doing business in a foreign country. Unfortunately, the process of legalisation can be time-consuming and confusing. The good news is we are very good at it and want to help you!

The different types of legalisation for documents issued in Ireland

How do you know what type of legalisation you need, if any? In some cases, our certified translation may be sufficient for use in a foreign country, but this is not always the case. If you plan to use your document in an official capacity, submit it to a government agency for example, you will probably need another type of legalisation. There are two main types: Apostille and Consular Legalisation.


You can find more information about the services
we offer, or book a consultation with one of our advisors
by clicking on the Contact Us tab above. We’re here to help.

Apostille is the easier of the two types of legalisation. Thanks to The Hague Convention, the requirements for using documents in a foreign country were simplified: among signatory countries only an apostille is required. Fortunately, the majority of countries are now signatories to the convention. Unfortunately, it is still not that easy to get an apostille. We can get the apostille for you. We do this type of service nearly every day, making bi-weekly trips to the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.

The other route is by consular legalisation. This is required for countries that are not signatories to The Hague Convention. This involves authentication first in Ireland and later in the country where the document is to be submitted. Going to two different countries just submit a document seems like a ridiculous thing to do and financially irresponsible. Let us cut down on your costs and headaches. We have a legalisation team that can get the consular legalisation for you.

Contact Certified Translation Services today

Unsure as to what type of certification you need? We can advise you. Send us an e-mail with as much information as possible and a scan or image of the original document. From there, we can decide on the most appropriate way to legalise your document.


Have a Question? We are here to Help! Give us a call now! +442045772669